WEEK 10 Scotland

8 Jun

Hiya family and friends!!

I’m an AUNTIE!!!!! I am so so so excited and happy!!! Alison texted me Thursday night to let me know and as soon as I read the text I started balling! Right there in the middle of nightly planning hahaha Sister Rob had to say the closing prayer because I was sooo beside myself haha. But they were tears of joy! I already love him so much! Baby Beckham is PERFECT and SO CUTE!!! I have a whole new reason for serving! He is my motivation to keep moving forward!

We stayed at Granny Green’s home Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. It was like a mini vacation! We’re back at our flat now and our new bathroom is awesome! SOO much better than the old one. I’ll send before and after pictures next week because our floor isn’t down yet. It’s just floor boards at the moment.

We were taught to teach alot of lessons this week! We were challenged by our Zone Leaders to find two potentials a day! Sister Rob and I did a pretty good job if I don’t say so myself. Our investigators are doing great and progressing well!

I’ve been reading in 2 Nephi and I’ve come across some really amazing scriptures that have touched me in ways I never thought possible. I won’t lie… I went through such a tough time last week! It was awful! But the encouraging emails from everyone helped me so much! Not only did you as a family help but Nephi helped me to! Remember the song that was sung at my farewell by the boys? “I Love the Lord.” It’s a summary of Nephi’s words in chapter 4. 2 Ne 4:15-35 brought me so much comfort! Nephi expresses so much and shared it with all of us! I found alot of peace when I read those verses. There’s also a talk that our ward mission leader told us to read titled “Will you? Implementing the Mission of our Church” by V. Dallas Merrell. (CES talk) It’s all about inviting other to come unto Christ. (Perfect right?) I would recommend everyone to read it! (Especially Dad and Bishop Durham should read it… wink wink) Towards the end he states “Everyone who has come to earth has already responded positively to the Father’s plan in the premortal world. We must give them the opportunity to respond positively again. As you teach and invite, remember this: The Savior has promised that His spirit will go before your face, His spirit will be in your heart. His words will come forth from your mouth. Angels will be round about you to bear you up. The veil of heaven will be penetrated tenderly and the Holy Spirit will whisper to the one invited to remember from Heaven’s days the truths you speak. Heavenly Father will help the person feel the earlier heavenly decision and encourage him or her to say yes to your invitation.” Awesome right?! It’s easier said than done my friends… but the Lord has PROMISED us this! We just need to act on it! I have a really really hard time opening my mouth while we go finding. It’s not my favorite activity. But we NEED to find people to invite! These are God’s children and we all, as member’s of the church, have a responsibility to shard His gospel.

I love and miss you all so much but I am happy to be here as a misisonary. I love my baby nephew and I will do all I can to show him that I love the Lord!

Love Sister Jones

Ps in the new Ensign (the conference one) there is a picture of some elders from my mission standing next to the “How great thou art” stone thing here in Scotland! It’s pretty cool!

Week 10 (1)

Oo I forgot to mention!! Tomorrow we go to Edinburgh!! I am soo excited! Tonight Sister Robertson and I are spending the night with the sisters in Knightswood. It only takes an hour to get to Edinburgh from there so it’ll be better than waking up at 5am! haha and then Thursday we’re going on exchanges and I’ll be in charge! ahhhh! Sister Parks is coming to East Kilbride to stay with me for two days. I hope I’ll be able to do it! I always just follow Sister Rob haha. But I think I know the area well enough so I think it’ll work out. And it’s POSSIBLE that I’ll be training a new sister in 4 weeks! :/ We’ll see what happens….

Love Sista J

Advertisements

One Response to “WEEK 10 Scotland”

  1. lorribunce June 20, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

    I love reading your posts! I got a bit behind because of school. Your amazing mom drove all the way to our house in May and decorated our house for an open house we had for Alex and Mike’s marriage. She made it all look like a magical place! I retired this year after 34 years! I’m so excited…and just as excited to go on a mission…just like you! We are leaving for So. Korea the end of August or first part of September. We are expecting our “call” any day. We have been told we have a 95% chance of S. Korea. It’s the other 5% we’re worried about! I like your blog page and want to start one soon too. You may have heard about all of this from your parents, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy hearing about your mission! I’ll write more later!
    Love,
    Lorri Bunce

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: